Shalitex Expansion Joint Board is cane fiber soft board impregnated with Special Grade of Bitumen. It is a perfect base material for expansion joint filers. The board's compression and recovery characteristics conform to the U.K., U.S.A. and Indian Standards much above the required averages.
Shalitex Expansion Joint Board displays excellent resistance to compression, with outstanding recovery characteristics. The boards are environment friendly as opposed to the environment destroying thermos Cole/plastic expansion joint boards.
- Filling structural expansion & structural separation joints in block & in situ concrete construction including screed floors, motorways, roads, runways, pedestrian areas, bridges, curbs, basements, retaining walls, site slabs, subways & other structures etc.
- Filling all types of expansion joints in piers and lateral supports like abutments.
- Various other flat works and concrete floors.
Advantage of Shalitex Board
- Permit free movement of the concrete slabs during expansion and contraction.
- To provide a waterproof seal.
- To resist entry of foreign matter into the joint space. Application methodology.
- Remove dust, flakes or foreign particles by jet or dry air and clean the surface.
- Apply appropriate primer like ShaliTex Primer, ShaliJet Primer, ShaliSeal PS Primer in the groove where SEJ Board is to be applied.
- Cut SEJ Board of appropriate width from the desired thickness and place the same in the groove in a way to flush with the external surface except for space required for ShaliBar / other sealants.
- In case of a new casting, SEJ Board of appropriate width is fixed with copper screws before pouring concrete. The width is designed to flush with the external surface except for space required for ShaliBar / other sealants.
- In highway construction, SEJ Board is placed appropriately 20 mm below surface of finish level of pavement and filled with ShaliTex Sealing Compound / ShaliJet Sealing Compound / ShaliSeal PS.
Health & Safety
- Use goggles and hand gloves during application.
- Clean hands with warm soap water after application.
- Packing Available in 12, 18 & 25 mm board normally in 4 Ft x 4 Ft. Other thickness may be catered to on request.
- It is available in a wide range of sizes, both as boards & strips in thicknesses of 12, 18 mm & 25 mm.