- Specification regarding the nature of treatment should be decided depending on the type of structure and climatic conditions. For example, in severe climatic conditions a heavy / extra heavy treatment should be adopted.
- Provide adequate number of drainage outlets of 100 mm diameter at least.
- Clean the surface thoroughly to make it free from any foreign material. Repair all undulation and surface defect like cracks, honeycombing.
- Provide PCC / contentious caving at all vertical and horizontal junction
- Apply a coat of ShaliTex Primer @ 0.3 Ltr per sqm and allow it to dry.
- Use STP Bitumen 85/25 as the bonding material be prepared by heating it to the correct working temperature and be spread over the roof properly and uniformly @ 1.2 Kg / Sq.M per coat for waterproofing application or as specified
- Unroll and fix TarFelt® - BH by applying uniform pressure with a roller/hand pressure for removal of any entrapped air
- Provide overlap joints of 75 mm in longitudinal direction and 100 mm in transverse direction and seal it properly with hot bitumen and blow lamp
- For double layer treatment, stagger all overlap joints.
- Terminate TarFelt BH at the top of parapet if the height of parapet is upto 500 mm. In case the height of the parapet is above 500 mm, terminate TarFelt BH at parapet in a groove 50 x 40mm at parapet at a height of 300mm from the roof level
- Top coat shall be finished with a layer of stone grit or gravel (6 mm size) which shall be laid by spreading it over a hot bitumen coat laid over the felt.
TarFelt® - BH / DPC is manufactured as per IS1322:1993, Type 3 Grade 1 and Type 3 Grade 2 respectively. TarFelt® - BH / DPC is produced by saturating a centre core of hessian with straight grade bitumen and coated with specially formulated bituminous compound on both sides. Thereafter, Mica / sand is spreaded over bituminous surface to prevent the sticking between two layers of felt during rolling and storage.
TarFelt® - BH / DPC are recommended respectively for above and below ground waterproofing applications as per IS code of practice IS: 1346/76 and IS: 1609/76 respectively. They are suitable for application on various types of surfaces such as concrete, corrugated asbestos / GI sheet, timber, shell / folded plates, etc. TarFelt BH is a proven waterproofing materials for application on silos, grain godowns, warehouses, wagons, trams, buses, etc.
- Rot proof.
- Proven waterproofing first generation membrane and offers impermeability to water.
- Easy to apply, repair and maintain.
- Dimensional stability with adequate flexibility to adopt all types of contours.
Health & Safety
- Use goggles, hand gloves and shoes during application
- Clean hands with a mild solvent and thereafter wash with warm soap water